All-Star Tutors was established in 2011 and we are a highly reputable, private tuition company.
We offer one to one private tuition for students across all key stages and have a number of qualified, experienced teachers who currently work for us. Alongside offering tuition to students who are currently in school, we also provide tuition for home educated students and adult learners.
Tuition is held in the comfort of the student’s own home and we provide all resources free of charge. Students are welcome to have lessons on a weekly or fortnightly basis and our tutors teach during the school holiday period.
Our vision is simple; we are dedicated to inspiring the academic achievement of the students we teach and commit to providing high quality tutoring services.
‘We contacted All-star tutors after our son was put in a low set when he started High School. A year later and he’s now in one of the top sets so can’t praise highly enough.’
(Susan Thomas ~ Parent)
‘All-Star Tutors is helping my son with English and in little time, my son is improving so much and he is much more confident. The tutor is excellent at identifying ways to make learning interesting and fun. Without fail my son is dedicated to completing his homework now and is enjoying it too! Look no further if you want a fantastic tutor!’
(James Parkinson ~ Parent)
Here at STAG Mumbler, we are always keen to hear your recommendations of private tutors. If you know of one, simply drop us an email telling us all about them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Just Drama is here to engage, enthuse and inspire those who participate in any Just Drama activities, including:
We focus on introducing and developing the drama knowledge and drama skills of young and older people; in doing so their self-confidence will grow as will their viewpoint, opinions and understanding of themselves and other people in the community and the world, making them effective communicators. The focus for youngsters is fun drama activities that encourage listening, movement, communication, decision making and role-play. Older children and teenagers work on a similar premise although greater focus will be on acting skills and experimentation with different drama styles and form. For older adults, Just Drama offers the opportunity to get to grips with a playwright and play-text and bring the page to the stage. All sessions are led by me, Louise Record, fully qualified teacher, DBS checked and a PGCE in Drama and a BA with Honours in Dramaturgy (the art of theatrical production and the theory of dramatics)
Fun drama sessions every Monday from 5.30pm – 6.30pm (age 7 – 11 yrs)
Sign up to a 10 week course for £60.00
Special offer: First session is free
As a parent are you sometimes baffled by the maths methods and SPAG your children are learning at school? 🤔Would you like to be able to confidently help your child with their homework? 😌Would you like a clearer understanding of the curriculum being covered in your child’s year group? 😁 If you answered yes to any of these questions then you may be interested in the opportunity to book a one off hour session with one of our experienced teachers. Delivered in your own home! Watch this space for sessions coming up in the summer term.Would you like your child to have a happy and successful learning journey?
Smiles&Miles Tutoring can help!
Smiles&Miles Tutoring is a private home tuition business that provides highly skilled, qualified, enhanced DBS checked teachers to work with students aged 5 to 18+ in the majority of KS1-KS5 curriculum subjects. We have a reputation for motivating students to make accelerated progress by building their confidence and helping them to develop a positive image of themselves as learners. We work with students from the Selby, York, Tadcaster and surrounding areas.
We Know that parents want to give their children the best chance in life; a love of learning and academic success is one step towards this!
Our speciality is making a positive difference to children’s learning experiences and success.
We do this by:
* Taking on tutors who are passionate about their subject and working with students
* Tailoring learning activities to individual needs and preferred learning styles
* Encouraging students to think about strategies that will help them to learn
* Delivering tutoring sessions which students enjoy
* Providing constructive feedback to students and to their parents/guardians
Our students show:
* Increased student confidence after just a few sessions
* Significant academic progress after two to three months
We aim to give you:
* Quality- we aim to provide only the best tutors. All tutors are interviewed in person, have fully qualified teaching status, have enhanced DBS check clearance and share the Smiles&Miles philosophy when it comes to working with your child.
* Results- we aim to enable your child to be the best that they can be. All of our students make good to accelerated academic progress.
* Peace of mind- we aim to promote a love of learning for your child and help them to discover the skills and knowledge that will enable them to be happy and successful life-long learners.
“Sarah is an amazing, nurturing tutor. I knew Sarah before she started tutoring so I jumped at the chance for her to help my daughter. She had lost a lot of confidence in her abilities and was falling behind at school. Half way through the first session she was beaming, gave me a thumbs up saying “it’s so much fun”. She keeps asking when she will see Sarah again and can’t wait for her next session. I would highly recommend Sarah.”
(Mum of a year 4 child, Tadcaster)
“Thank you, our Smiles&Miles tutor was so lovely and helpful. My son really liked her, it was so lovely to see him enjoy maths. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders”
(Mum of a Year 7 child Tadcaster)
Are you baffled by SPAG or confused with maths methods? Would you like to confidently help your child with homework…without any stress?
Smiles&Miles can help!
· Our one hour sessions are delivered by experienced teachers in your home.
· The methods and terminology used in schools are explained.
· End of Key Stage expectations are discussed.
· Assessment procedures are covered.
· Up to four parents in one session.
· Help your child develop a confident approach to learning.
· KS1 and KS2 sessions for Writing, reading or maths.
· Information packs included.
Helping children to develop into confident, resilient and happy learners is at the heart of what we do.Tutoring for Parents is just another way for us to do that!
To book a session contact Sarah at: smilesandmilestutoring.co.uk and we will be more than happy to arrange a chat to discuss details.
Copyright 2019 Selby, Tadcaster and Goole Mumbler
Your Local Parenting Community
Made with by Wonder Media